Über


SOURCE

At the start of each week I write myself a To-Do list though I never seem to check anything off nor get anything done.

This week has been no exception, thanks to a distracting little epic called Inglourious Basterds. Until my 2nd year of college, I had never seen a Quentin Tarantino film in its entirety. I had a roommate who pretty much worshiped him (From Dusk 'Til Dawn included). I never really saw the fuss--to me, he was this funny-looking guy who had made a cameo on an episode of Margaret Cho's All-American Girl in the early 90s (a show that I watched religiously) and liked to pack his scripts with guts and expletives. As someone who found The Adventures of Milo & Otis mildly traumatizing, I doubted my ability to endure a Tarantino picture.

Then I took a screenwriting class sophomore year, had to read Pulp Fiction, was appalled, watched the film, and fell in love with it!

But I digress, because this is not meant to be a written tribute to QT! Though I'm still set on being Mia Wallace for Halloween sometime in my life...as soon as I have a Vincent Vega to be my +1.

Anyway!

Here are the real reasons for this post.

The talented & lovely Daniel Brühl & Christoph Waltz.





Now I've been obsessed with Daniel Brühl for quite sometime (I was one of two people under the age of 70 in the theater when Ladies in Lavender was released, the second being my friend Joycie whom I dragged along!), but IB definitely reminded me of how versatile of an actor he is.

And Christoph Waltz...akdjklsjakfl...so amazing. I might have sifted through 40+ pages of Fuck Yeah Christoph Waltz! in one sitting in lieu of doing my homework. I need help. He's too cute. And Der Humpink is an instant mood lift.

Mein gott, I want to learn German! This always happens whenever I watch foreign language films, I get this itch to know the language. For example, I was dying to learn Spanish after my Gael Garcia Bernal phase (but I never did!)....and wow, I totally just looked up language classes at the Goethe Institut.

Anyway, if you haven't seen IB yet, I urge you to asap! Digestible for the faint of heart, even. In the meantime I think I'll slowly work my way through the QT canon, but I'll probably close my eyes during the yucky bits.

0 swoons:

Post a Comment