5.29.10 - She & Him @ the Fox Theatre - Oakland, CA



Went to see She & Him on Saturday night. I thought the crowd would be pretty relaxed considering who was playing, but I was surprised by the gaggles of girls screaming "I LOVE YOU ZOOOOOOEEEEEY!" Please, this is not a Britney concert circa 2000. Two girls behind me were about to start something during a very quiet, mellow number. ("JUST STOP TALKING. STOP TALKING." Something unintelligible, murmur murmur. "OH, THAT'S REALLY CLASSY. REALLY." "JUST WATCH THE SHOW AND STOP TALKING!!!")

Girls will be girls.

They put on a good show, playing songs from both albums along with a few additional covers like "Fools Rush In" and "I Put A Spell On You." It was hard to hear what ZD was saying in between songs. Kind of mumbly. She looked really pretty, though. Double encore, which was nice. I like that they do covers of songs that most of our generation would probably overlook, because hopefully it pushes people to discover the source material. But wouldn't it be hilariously ironic if ZD covered Katy Perry?!!

And I'd like M. Ward to sing me a lullaby.

A blurry pic because I'm short and have zero camera skills.

0 swoons:

Post a Comment